Of the beverages we use frequently, the most powerful effect on the body is undoubtedly coffee. This effect is well felt after a few minutes: fatigue decreases, it becomes easier to concentrate, mood improves. Such activity of this drink calls into question its use by patients with diabetes.
It is not clear, for the good or the harm will be freshly brewed, aromatic coffee. Scientists also asked this question. Numerous studies have shown completely opposite results. As a result, it turned out that some substances in coffee are useful for diabetes mellitus type 2, others are not, and the positive effect does not weaken the negative.
Coffee substitute - chicory for diabetics >> //diabetiya.ru/produkty/cikorij-pri-diabete.html
Diabetes and pressure surges will be a thing of the past.
- Sugar normalization -95%
- Elimination of vein thrombosis - 70%
- Elimination of palpitations -90%
- Excessive Blood Pressure - 92%
- Increased vigor during the day, improved sleep at night -97%
Can diabetics type 1 and 2 drink coffee
The most ambiguous substance contained in coffee is caffeine. It is he who has a stimulating effect on the nervous system, we feel cheerful and can increase our activity. At the same time, the work of all organs is stimulated:
- breathing becomes deeper and more frequent;
- increased urine output;
- pulse accelerates;
- vessels are narrowed;
- the stomach begins to work more actively;
- increased glucose synthesis in the liver;
- coagulability of blood decreases.
Based on this list and the existing diseases, everyone can decide whether to use natural coffee. On the one hand, it will help to cope with constipation, reduce the risk of cirrhosis of the liver, relieve swelling. On the other hand, coffee can increase osteoporosis due to its ability to flush calcium from bones, aggravate heart rhythm disturbances, and increase sugar.
Effect of caffeine on blood pressure individually. More often, the pressure rises in diabetics who rarely drink coffee, but there are cases of pressure increasing by 10 units and with frequent use of the drink.
In addition to caffeine, coffee contains:
|Substance||Action in diabetes|
|Chlorogenic acid||Significantly reduces the likelihood of type 2 diabetes, has a hypoglycemic effect, reduces cholesterol.|
|A nicotinic acid||Strong antioxidant, does not collapse during cooking, normalizes cholesterol, reduces pressure, improves microcirculation.|
|Cafestol||Contained in unfiltered coffee (brewed in Turk or made in a french press). Increases cholesterol level by 8%, which increases the risk of angiopathy. Enhances the secretion of insulin in type 2 diabetes.|
|Magnesium||Drinking 100 g of drink gives half the daily dose of magnesium. Promotes the elimination of cholesterol, supports the nerves and heart, reduces pressure.|
|Iron||25% of the need. Prevention of anemia, which in diabetes often develops on the background of nephropathy.|
|Potassium||Improving the work of the heart, the regulation of pressure, reducing the risk of stroke.|
What type of coffee to choose with type 2 diabetes
Coffee and diabetes is a perfectly acceptable combination. And if you choose the right kind of drink, the harmful effects on the organs can be reduced, retaining most of the benefits:
- Natural coffee, brewed in the Turk or in another way without the use of filters, can afford only diabetics with stable normal sugar, without complications, diseases of the heart and blood vessels. The content of cafestol in coffee depends on the brewing time. More - in the drink, boiled several times, a little less in the espresso, the least - in Turkish coffee, which is heated for a long time, but not boiled.
- There is almost no coffee in the filtered coffee from the cafes coffee maker. This drink is recommended for diabetics with high cholesterol, not suffering from angiopathy, not having problems with heart and pressure.
- Decaffeinated beverage is the best choice for coffee with the second type of diabetes. It has been established that drinking a cup of such a drink every morning reduces the risk of diabetes by 7%.
- Instant coffee loses a significant amount of flavor and taste in production. It is made from grains of inferior quality, so the content of nutrients in it is lower than in natural. The advantages of instant drink can be attributed only to a lower level of caffeine.
- Green unroasted coffee beans - the record for the content of chlorogenic acid. They are recommended for weight loss, healing the body, reducing blood glucose in diabetics. Drink from unroasted beans is not at all like real coffee. It is drunk 100 g per day as a therapeutic agent.
- A coffee drink with chicory is a great alternative to natural coffee for diabetics. It helps to normalize sugar, improve blood composition, strengthens blood vessels.
In most cases, it is recommended that a diabetic drink decaffeinated coffee or coffee substitutes. If you regularly monitor blood sugar and keep a diary, you can see a decrease in sugar after switching to these drinks. Improvements are well marked after 2 weeks after exclusion of caffeine.
How to drink coffee with type 2 diabetes
Speaking about the compatibility of diabetes with coffee, do not forget about the products that are added to this drink:
- with type 2 disease, coffee with sugar and honey is contraindicated, but sugar substitutes are allowed;
- diabetics with angiopathy and overweight should not abuse coffee with cream, it is not only calories, but also contains a lot of saturated fat;
- drink with milk is allowed to almost everyone except diabetics with a reaction to lactose;
- coffee with cinnamon is useful for diabetics, with the second type of disease it will help normalize sugar.
Caffeinated coffee is advisable to drink in the morning, as it lasts for 8 hours. It is better to finish the breakfast with a drink, and not to drink it on an empty stomach.
The use of coffee in diabetes is contraindicated in the following cases:
- if there are heart diseases, it is especially dangerous in case of arrhythmias;
- with hypertension, which is poorly adjusted drugs;
- during pregnancy, complicated by gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, kidney disease;
- with osteoporosis.
To reduce the harm of coffee, it is advisable to drink water and increase the daily amount of fluid in the diet. You should not get involved in this drink, as the regular use of "more than a liter per day" leads to the formation of a constant need.