Various spices and spices for diabetes can be both extremely useful and dangerous to health.
Ginger with diabetes mellitus type 2 is among the most interesting products that can significantly reduce the complications of the disease. But only with the correct use and after taking into account all existing contraindications.
The effects of ginger with diabetes
The composition of ginger root includes gingerol, which improves glucose uptake in type 2 diabetes. However, lowering blood sugar levels from consuming ginger is contraindicated in type 1 disease.
The additional anti-inflammatory effect of the spice will help minimize the development of infections in type 2 diabetes. Good effect on the root and digestion, improving it in non-insulin-dependent pathology. Ginger also visibly regulates the acidity of the stomach and helps fight eye cataracts, which often arise as a complication of diabetes.
It is also desirable to use ginger because it is able to restore metabolic processes and improve the metabolism of all beneficial components.
Medicinal properties of the root
Against the background of the development of diabetes mellitus, ginger root can also be useful for the regulation of other processes:
- Positive effect on emotional state;
- Improves female hormones;
- Relieves pain cramps;
- Soothes, minimizes stress;
- Helps to clear the body of toxins and eliminates nausea;
- Provides a surge of strength and energy to men, as well as a positive effect on the potency and blood supply in the genitals;
- "washes" the vessels from cholesterol plaques and normalizes blood circulation;
- Leads to normal blood pressure;
- It protects against encephalopathy and stroke with regular use;
- Fights inflammation even at a deep level - in the joints, muscles and spine;
- Promotes recovery from illness;
- Fights germs, infections, and other microorganisms or parasites;
- A positive effect on the work of the thyroid gland.
Rules for choosing quality ginger
Fresh ginger has the greatest benefits in type 2 diabetes. It is possible to use powder product, but only if it is home-made.
It is important to know some information about high-quality spices:
- Almost all fresh ginger comes to Russia from China and Mongolia;
- When choosing, take the product, the skin of which is smooth and light, but not dark;
- During transportation, the product undergoes chemical treatment;
- Before use, fresh root should be cleaned, cut and put in cold water for 2 hours.
If you do not want to cook fresh ginger, or the product is needed for making gingerbread, choose the right powder. Its color will be cream or yellow, but not white.
Principles of Ginger Treatment
Ginger is used to eliminate various effects of diabetes, it is well suited to combat obesity with type 2 disease. However, before using any medical prescription, it is better to consult a doctor and get tested for possible contraindications.
It is important to pay attention to the body's reaction in the use of ginger, because in diabetes often occur various kinds of allergic reactions.
Here are some ginger treatment rules:
- Do not abuse, add fresh juice, powder or 2-3 g of fresh ginger to dishes 1 time per day, but not with each meal;
- Begin treatment of diabetes with ginger with minimal dosages;
- When drinking juice, start with a dose of 2 drops, gradually increase to 1 tsp;
- Treat for a maximum of 2 months, then take a break.
Do not store fresh ginger in the refrigerator in its pure form for longer than 5-7 days.
For the treatment of diabetes, ginger choose a purified root or dried raw materials. He takes it both inside and outwardly for diseases of the spine or joints.
Here are some useful recipes for diabetes type 2 ginger:
- Tea for immunity. To a glass of green or black tea add 3 grams of grated ginger. You can drink a solution from a glass of clean water and 3 drops of ginger juice squeezed from the root. The tool is taken 2 times a day for a month, followed by a break.
- Pure ginger tea. Prepared from 3 tbsp. l root and 1.5 liters of boiling water. Insist 2 hours in a thermos. Take 100 ml 20 minutes before meals.
- Alcohol tincture. With increased glucose in the absence of drug treatment, you can prepare the tincture of 1 liter of alcohol and 500 g of purified ginger. Insist 21 days in the glass, occasionally mix well. Take 1 tsp., Mixing with a glass of water, 2 times a day.
- Remedy with aloe. Enhances the effect of ginger useful green plant. Survive 1 tsp. aloe juice and mix with a pinch of powder. Take 2 times a day for 2 months.
- Tea with garlic. Specific medicine that is prepared from 5 teeth, 1 tsp. spices, juice of 1 lemon and 450 ml of water. Boil water, lay ginger and garlic, boil for a quarter of an hour. Then pour in lemon juice and 1 tsp. juice in the cooled drink. Accept during the day.
- Drink with lemon and lime. Prepare an antidiabetic agent from 200 g of ginger, cut into rings. Take half a lime and half a lemon, cut. Pour 1 liter of boiling water in a glass container. Insist 1.5 hours. You can drink during the day 2 times in 100 ml. The course of treatment is at least 1 month. You can spend 3-4 courses per year.
Ginger has a pronounced therapeutic effect, it has several contraindications:
- You can not use the root for heart disease;
- During gestation and lactation, give up ginger, a small amount of 1 is acceptable.
- Trimester to combat nausea;
- When located to any hemorrhage, discard the spice;
- Acute forms of gastritis and ulcers are a direct contraindication;
- Stones in the gall bladder and its ducts will increase and cause discomfort when eating ginger.
It is forbidden to eat the root in the treatment of drugs that lower sugar. Wait until the end of the course of therapy, and only then proceed to the use of recipes with spice.
Be careful when eating ginger.
During treatment or cooking recipes with ginger for everyday menus for type 2 diabetes, consider the possible side effects:
- Heartburn may occur from the spice, leading to indigestion;
- Increased dosages of ginger cause diarrhea, nausea and vomiting;
- Oral irritation may also occur when using ginger root;
- For any unpleasant sensations from the heart system, stop eating ginger.
Healthy dishes and recipes for everyday menus
A common way to eat fresh ginger root in type 2 diabetes is to prepare a dressing for different salads and a tasty soft drink:
The drink is made from 15 g of fresh ginger, 2 slices of lemon and 3 mint leaves with honey. In a blender, grind all the ingredients, add a glass of boiling water. When the product has cooled down, make a spoonful of honey in it and filter it.
Chilled drink can take 1 glass per day. Ideal for toning the body, improving metabolic processes and maintaining immunity.
Delicious sauce is made from 100 g of olive or sunflower oil. Add 20 g of lemon juice to it, squeeze 2 slices of garlic, pour 20 g of ground ginger and put a little chopped dill or parsley.
Ginger salad dressing combines perfectly with almost any vegetables, as well as with chicken.
Chicken Breast with Ginger
A delicious recipe with ginger for type 2 diabetes for dinner or lunch is made from 6-8 chicken breasts:
- Take a chicken and pour marinade with a small amount of chili pepper, salt, 5 g black pepper and 15 g fresh ginger with juice of 1 lemon and 100 g low-fat sour cream;
- After 60 minutes, place the breasts on a baking sheet, greased with olive oil, bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 180 degrees;
- Prepare the sauce from 1 onion, cut into small cubes, and 100 g sour cream with the juice of half a lemon.
You can supplement the breasts with a vegetable side dish - baked peppers, zucchini and eggplants.
A recipe with ginger for diabetes mellitus type 2 must be coordinated with the doctor, since the use of rice is not always permissible. Choose cereal, which has the lowest calorie content.
Here's how to cook a tasty dish:
- First boil rice for 10 minutes in water, then spread evenly over the pan;
- Add the carrot and onion, finely chopped, squeeze 1-2 cloves of garlic;
- Sprinkle with pepper, 20-30 g of finely chopped ginger root, salt;
- Fill with water so that it does not completely cover the components, cook 5-10 minutes after boiling or until complete evaporation of the liquid.
It is recommended to cook the dish no more than 1 time per week to achieve maximum diversity in the diabetic diet.
Ginger Desserts for Diabetes
Prepare healthy candied or gingerbread with ginger and sugar substitute:
- Gingerbread is prepared from 1 beaten egg with the addition of 25 g of sugar substitute. Fill in a mixture of 50 g of melted margarine, 2 tbsp. l cream 10% fat and add 5 g of baking powder and ginger powder. 400 g of rye flour are added to the mixture. The dough should be steep, let it brew for 30 minutes, and then roll it out. Cut gingerbread and sprinkle with cinnamon or sesame. Bake on a baking sheet for 20 minutes at 200 degrees.
- Candied fruits are prepared from 200 g of peeled ginger root, 2 cups of water and 0.5 cups of fructose. The root is soaked in water for 3 days to eliminate stinginess. Then boil it for 5 minutes in boiling water. A syrup is prepared from fructose, then pieces of ginger are placed into it and boiled for 10 minutes. Insist, removing from heat about 3 hours. Dry candied need in the fresh air, spreading on a flat surface.
Despite the fact that these sweets are considered useful in diabetes, they need to be taken a little bit: up to 3-4 candied fruits per day or 1-2 cakes.
But remember that measure is needed in everything, and excessive use of the root can harm one’s well-being.