When diagnosed with diabetes mellitus very often increases blood pressure. This condition is associated with various stresses, poor nutrition, lack of regular rest, the presence of harmful habits. Arterial hypertension of 1 degree is the initial stage of the development of a very serious disease.
If you do not start treatment in time, the condition of the diabetic can change for the worse. With timely treatment, it is possible to cure the disease and get rid of the symptoms.
Hypertension is a fairly common pathology associated with a violation of the cardiovascular system. The disease is accompanied by a rapid increase in blood pressure. If the normal level is considered 120/80 mm Hg. Art., then in the presence of pathological changes, it can increase to 180/120 mm Hg. Art. and more.
How does the disease develop
If in healthy people, the heart muscles and the hematopoietic system work normally, but with the development of hypertension, the speed of blood movement in the vessels is disturbed. This is due primarily to the pathological narrowing of the lumen in the veins and arteries.
To restore the normal work of the whole organism, the human heart begins to function more actively and, like a powerful pump, to drive the biological fluid through all internal organs.
Since the vital organ at this moment greatly increases in size and receives an increased load, the patient's blood circulation is disturbed, malfunctions of the kidneys and brain occur. This in turn leads to myocardial infarction or stroke, a decrease in motor activity.
Hypertension or GB, according to the classification, has three degrees of development:
- With 1 degree of hypertension, blood pressure changes abruptly. Despite the mild form, such a condition must necessarily be treated to prevent the appearance of all sorts of complications.
- Grade 2 hypertension is accompanied by a constant retention of blood pressure at 179/109 mm Hg. Art. Normal patient performance is very rare.
- Grade 3 hypertension is diagnosed when the pressure in the arteries rises to 180/110 mm Hg. Art. and higher. In the absence of proper treatment, the patient may develop severe complications.
Symptoms of hypertension 1 degree
This disease is usually slow and unstable. It is a periodic increase in blood pressure indicators indicates the likelihood of an early stage of the pathological process.
On the recommendation of the doctor, the patient every day should measure their performance. If hypertension of 1 degree progresses, there is a risk of developing 2 degrees of the disease. Therefore, an important condition for stopping the pathology is timely seeking medical help, it will prevent serious illness.
To prevent the development of complications, you need to pay special attention to the symptoms and treatment of hypertension of 1 degree. The initial stage of the pathology may have the following signs:
- Periodically becomes cloudy in the eyes;
- Feels brief dizziness;
- Headache appears in the neck;
- There is quiet tinnitus;
- Palpitations increase;
- The patient feels weak;
- Heaviness appears in the legs;
- Hands and feet swell;
- Memory is deteriorating.
Blood pressure is monitored twice a day. The first measurement is carried out in the morning, lying in bed. And the second - in the evening from 16 to 17 hours. At consistently high rates, you should contact your doctor.
In general, the disease is considered to be very insidious, since at first there are no obvious symptoms. Because of this, a person may not even be aware of the presence of the disease. But in case of diabetes, it is necessary to monitor not only the concentration of sugar in the blood, but also other disorders.
The lack of full treatment with medicines and other effective means becomes the cause of the manifestations of such disorders as:
- Heart failure, which is accompanied by edema, tachycardia and shortness of breath.
- Malfunctions of the kidneys, as a result of which the internal organ does not process the incoming products, accumulates fluid, and in the advanced stage causes intoxication of the body.
- The state of the blood vessels changes, which is why the patient feels constant intolerable headaches.
- Hypertensive crisis, which is accompanied by an acute increase in blood pressure with pronounced signs of impaired progressive lesions of the central nervous system, kidneys and cardiovascular system.
With the appearance of such symptoms, it is necessary to begin drug therapy, otherwise the acute form of the disease develops and disability is awarded.
Causes of the disease
Various factors can lead to pathological deviations in the work of the cardiovascular system. Often the disease is provoked by bad habits, from which you need to get rid of as soon as possible. When smoking, the blood vessels constrict, causing a constant increase in blood pressure.
Also, pathology can lead to improper nutrition, excessive exercise and maintaining a passive lifestyle. Hypertensive patients are often people aged 50-65 years, while today the disease is much younger.
With hereditary predisposition, the likelihood of manifestation of the disease increases at any age. During pregnancy, physical activity increases, the body rebuilds and undergoes hormonal changes, this leads to a periodic increase in blood pressure.
- Certain drugs can increase blood pressure indicators, their effect is usually described in the attached instructions. These drugs usually include oral contraceptives and dietary supplements.
- Frequent work of the heart, psychological stress, violate the work of the heart. This is due to the release of adrenaline, which contributes to the narrowing of blood vessels.
- The work of the cardiovascular system may be impaired in diabetes mellitus, atherosclerosis, kidney disease, hypothalamus, pyelonephritis, deviation of the adrenal glands and thyroid gland.
- Excess salt in the body causes spasms in the arteries and accumulation of excess fluid in the body.
- The pressure may increase due to chronic fatigue, lack of sleep, abrupt climate change.
Thus, the risk of developing a disorder increases when the patient has bad habits, excess weight, high glucose levels, genetic predisposition, a certain age, high cholesterol, and other associated diseases.
Since, with weak symptoms, it is first necessary to reduce the risk of severe heart problems, the doctor initially prescribes therapy without medication.
The patient should stop smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages, since nicotine addiction is the main cause of the onset of grade 1 hypertension. Be sure to take care of weight loss, to prevent obesity and diabetes. With the right balanced diet, you can improve your health without taking a pill.
You should also avoid stressful situations, learn to control your emotions. This is helped by yoga, meditation, listening to pleasant music. You can significantly improve your condition with the help of massage, the use of medicinal herbs.
If such methods are ineffective, medication is prescribed.
- For psychotropic drugs that soothe and relieve depression, include Diazepam, Trioxazin, Amitriptyline.
- Contribute to the improvement of the sympathetic-adrenaline system Pirilen, Guanfatsin, Reserpine.
- Diuretic drugs are used to remove salts and excess fluid from the body.
- To improve the smooth muscle structure of the arteries, such vasodilators as Vazonit, Apressin are used.
Any medication can be taken only after consultation with the doctor, who will select the exact dosage, focusing on the patient's condition, test results and the presence of minor diseases.
Therapy folk remedies
Dietary nutrition of the patient implies the exclusion of salty, fatty and highly carbohydrate meals. The menu must include fresh vegetables, fruits and herbs, as well as dietary meat and fish. On the day it is allowed to eat no more than 3 g of salt, and it is better to completely abandon it.
The therapeutic diet for hypertension will reduce the concentration of cholesterol in the body, reduce blood volume, and prevent the accumulation of fluid in the vessels. For this you need to abandon fatty meat, alcohol, sweets, pastries, pickles, pickled products.
The diet includes vegetables, fruits, cereals, low-fat dairy products, lean meat. Ingredients are recommended to stew or boil. You should eat at least five to six times a day in small portions. All this will allow to normalize the general condition of the patient and reduce the level of blood pressure.
Positive reviews have all sorts of popular methods of treating hypertension that have been proven over the years:
- From 1 kg of onion squeeze out the juice, mix it with the same amount obtained natural honey. The mixture is infused for 24 hours, after which one tablespoon is taken before breakfast.
- Vegetable salad is very useful, it requires three walnuts, two cloves of garlic, one small carrot, and vegetable oil. This dish is also rich in vitamins and minerals that protect the body.
- In the evening it is recommended to take a warm bath with herbs. The broth is added to the water, which is prepared as follows: 0.5 cups of valerian root is poured over with 2 liters of water, boiled, infused for half an hour. The treatment procedure in the bath should be no more than half an hour, it is used every day for a month.
- Quickly soothe the nervous system will help medicinal decoctions of motherwort, valerian, flowers and fruits of hawthorn, mint, lemon balm. One tablespoon of herbs poured a glass of boiling water and insist half an hour.
- For the preparation of medicinal kvass, 2 kg of beets are peeled, crushed into pieces, put into a three-liter jar, mixed with 50 g of honey or sugar and poured with completely boiled cold water. The bank is placed in a warm place, the neck of the container is tied with gauze. The mixture is infused until foam appears. Take the medicine every day for 0.5 cups on an empty stomach.
- The gruel of five lemons twisted in a meat grinder with zest is mixed with two chopped garlic heads and a liter of honey. The tool is placed in the fridge and infused for three days. Take the medicine one tablespoon in the morning before breakfast.
To prevent the body from getting used, it is recommended to alternate medications during therapy. To enhance immunity and enhance protective functions, vegetables, fruits and berries rich in vitamins should be included in the diet.
As a preventive measure for hypertension, you need to eat a balanced diet, give up bad habits, have a full rest and lead a healthy lifestyle. Since the lack of physical activity leads to an increase in blood pressure, you should not forget about everyday walks. For diabetics, cycling and swimming are great.
You can protect yourself from severe illness if you regularly take blood tests and do an entire body examination. With an increase in glucose or cholesterol, you should immediately take the necessary measures to eliminate the violation. This will allow early detection of pathology and prevent it from developing further.
An expert in the video in this article will tell you about hypertension of 1 degree.