Almost 90% of diabetics suffer from the second type of the disease. The patient, in order to live fully, must use hypoglycemic drugs. Diabetes MB is an effective remedy that lowers blood glucose in a diabetic.
Since drug therapy plays an important role in the treatment of "sweet disease", the patient should know the details of the hypoglycemic drug that he takes. To do this, read the description of the drug in the attached instructions or on the Internet.
But most to understand this issue is often quite difficult. This article will help you learn how to properly take the drug, its contraindications and possible negative consequences, customer reviews, pricing policies and its analogues.
General information about the drug
Diabetes MB is a drug derived from the second generation sulfonylurea. In this case, the abbreviation MV means modified release tablets. The mechanism of their action is the following: a tablet, getting into the patient's stomach, dissolves within 3 hours. Then the drug is in the blood and slowly lowers the level of glucose. Studies have shown that the modern drug does not so often cause a state of hypoglycemia and subsequently its serious symptoms. Basically, the drug is fairly simply tolerated by many patients. Statistics show only 1% of adverse reactions.
The active ingredient, gliclazide, has a positive effect on beta cells located in the pancreas. As a result, they begin to produce more insulin, a hormone that lowers glucose. Also during the use of the drug decreases the likelihood of thrombosis of small vessels. Drug molecules have antioxidant properties.
In addition, the drug contains additional components such as calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate, hypromellose 100 cP and 4000 cP, maltodextrin, magnesium stearate, and anhydrous colloidal silicon dioxide.
Diabeton tablets are used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes, when playing sports and following a special diet can not affect the concentration of glucose. In addition, the drug is used in the prevention of complications of the "sweet disease" such as:
- Microvascular complications - nephropathy (kidney damage) and retinopathy (inflammation of the retina of the eyeballs).
- Macrovascular complications - stroke or myocardial infarction.
In this case, the drug is rarely taken as the main means of therapy. Often, in the treatment of diabetes of the second type, it is used after undergoing a course of Metformin therapy. A patient who takes the medicine once a day may have an effective content of the active substance for 24 hours.
Gliclazide is excreted mainly by the kidneys in the form of metabolites.
Instructions for use tablets
Before drug therapy, it is imperative to go to the doctor’s appointment, who will assess the patient’s state of health and prescribe effective therapy with the correct dosages. After purchasing Diabeton MV, the instructions for use should be carefully read to avoid misuse of the medicine. The package contains either 30 or 60 tablets. One tablet contains 30 or 60 mg of the active ingredient.
In the case of 60 mg tablets, the dosage for adults and the elderly is initially 0.5 tablets per day (30 mg). If the level of sugar decreases slowly, the dose can be increased, but not more often than in 2-4 weeks. The marginal rate of use of the drug is 1.5-2 tablets (90 mg or 120 mg). These dosages are provided for review. Only the attending physician, taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient and the results of analyzes of glycated hemoglobin, blood glucose, will be able to prescribe the necessary dosage.
Diabeton mb should be used with special care in patients with renal and hepatic insufficiency, as well as with irregular nutrition. Compatibility of the drug with other medicines is quite high. For example, diabeton mb can be taken along with insulin, alpha-glucosidase inhibitors and biguanides. But with simultaneous use of chlorpropamide may develop hypoglycemia. Therefore, treatment with these tablets should be under the strict supervision of a physician.
Tablets Diabeton mb must be hidden from the eyes of young children for a longer time. Term shelf life is 2 years.
After this period, the use of medication is strictly prohibited.
Contraindications and adverse reactions
Like other sulfonylurea derivatives, the medicine Diabeton MR has a rather large list of contraindications. It includes:
- The presence of diabetes of the first type.
- Ketoacidosis in diabetes - a violation in the metabolism of carbohydrates.
- The state of precoma, hypermolar or ketoacidotic coma.
- Thin and slender diabetics.
- Disorders in the kidneys, liver, in severe cases - renal and hepatic failure.
- Simultaneous use of miconazole.
- The period of childbearing and lactation.
- Children under the age of 18 years.
- Individual intolerance to gliclazide and other substances contained in the preparation.
With special care, the doctor prescribes Diabeton MR for patients suffering from:
- pathologies of the heart system - heart attack, heart failure, other;
- hypothyroidism - a decrease in the work of the pancreas;
- pituitary or adrenal insufficiency;
- disorders in the kidneys and liver, in particular diabetic nephropathy;
- chronic alcoholism.
In addition, the drug is used with caution in elderly patients and patients who do not follow a regular and balanced diet. Overdose can cause various side effects of the drug Diabeton MR:
- Hypoglycemia - a rapid decrease in blood sugar. Signs of such a condition are headaches, sleepiness, nervousness, poor sleep and nightmares, increased heartbeat. With minor hypoglycemia, it can be stopped at home, but in severe cases, emergency medical care is needed.
- Disruption of the digestive system. The main symptoms are abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, constipation or diarrhea.
- Various allergic reactions - skin rash and itching.
- Heightened liver enzymes such as ALT, AST, ALP.
- In rare cases - the development of hepatitis and jaundice.
- Non-favorable modification of the blood plasma composition.
The use of the drug may also lead to visual impairment at the beginning of the pill due to the rapid decline of sugar, then it resumes.
Cost and reviews of the drug
Means Diabeton MR can be bought at the pharmacy or place an order online at the seller’s website. Since several countries produce the drug Diabeton MW at once, the price in a pharmacy may differ significantly. The average cost of the drug is 300 rubles (60 mg, 30 tablets) and 290 rubles (30 mg each 60 pieces). In addition, the range of costs varies:
- Tablets on 60 mg of 30 pieces: a maximum - 334 rubles, a minimum - 276 rubles.
- Tablets on 30 mg of 60 pieces: at most - 293 rubles, at least - 287 rubles.
It can be concluded that this drug is not very expensive and can be purchased by middle-income people with type 2 diabetes. The drug is selected depending on which dosages were prescribed by the attending doctor.
Reviews of Diabeton MW are mostly positive. Indeed, a large number of diabetics assure that the drug lowers the level of glucose to normal values. In addition, this drug can be identified such positive points:
- Very low chance of hypoglycemia (no more than 7%).
- A single dose of the drug per day makes life easier for many patients.
- As a result of the use of gliclazide MB in patients not observed a rapid increase in body weight. Only a few pounds, but no more.
But there are negative reviews about the drug Diabeton CF, often associated with such situations:
- Thin people have had cases of developing insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.
- Diabetes of the second type can go to the first type of disease.
- The medicine does not fight insulin resistance syndrome.
Recent studies have shown that Diabeton MR does not reduce the mortality rate of people with diabetes.
In addition, it has a negative effect on pancreatic B cells, but many endocrinologists ignore this problem.
Since Diabeton mb has many contraindications and negative consequences, sometimes its use can be dangerous for a patient with diabetes.
In this case, the doctor adjusts the treatment regimen and prescribes another remedy, whose therapeutic effect is similar to Diabeton MB. It may be:
- Ongliza is an effective sugar reducing agent for type 2 diabetes. Basically it is taken in combination with other substances such as metformin, pioglitazone, glibenclamide, dithiazema, and others. It does not have such severe adverse reactions as Diabeton mb. The average price is 1950 rubles.
- Glyukofazh 850 - a drug containing the active ingredient metformin. During treatment, many patients reported long-lasting normalization of blood sugar levels, and even weight loss. It reduces the likelihood of death from diabetes by half, as well as the chances of a heart attack and stroke. The average price is 235 rubles.
- Oltar is a drug containing glimepiride, which releases insulin from pancreatic B cells. True drug contains many contraindications. The average cost is 749 rubles.
- Diabliside contains the main component related to the sulfonylurea derivatives. The drug should not be taken in chronic alcoholism, taking phenylbutazone and danazol. The drug reduces insulin resistance. The average price is 278 rubles.
- Siofor is an excellent hypoglycemic agent. It can be used in combination with other drugs, for example, salicylate, sulfonylurea, insulin and others. The average cost is 423 rubles.
- Maninil is used to prevent hypoglycemic conditions and in the treatment of type 2 diabetes. Just as Diabeton 90 mg, has a fairly large number of contraindications and side effects. The average price of the drug - 159 rubles.
- Glibomet has a positive effect on the patient's body by stimulating insulin secretion. The main substances of this drug are metformin and glibenclamide. The price of medications averages 314 rubles.
This is not a complete list of drugs similar to Diabeton mb. Glendiab MB, Gliclazide MB, Diabefarm MB are considered to be synonymous with this medicine. The diabetic and his physician must choose a substitute for Diabeton based on the expected therapeutic effect and financial capacity of the patient.
Diabeton mb is an effective hypoglycemic drug that reduces the concentration of glucose in the blood. Many patients speak of medicine very well. Meanwhile, it has both positive aspects and some disadvantages. Drug therapy is one of the components of successful treatment of type 2 diabetes. But do not forget about proper nutrition, exercise, control of blood sugar levels, good rest.
Failure to comply with at least one mandatory item may cause the failure of medical treatment with the help of Diabeton MR. The patient is prohibited to self-medicate. The patient should listen to the doctor, because any indication may be the key to solving the problem of high sugar content in the "sweet disease". Be healthy!
An expert in the video in this article will talk about diabeton tablets.