Pancreatin Forte is a medicinal product containing enzymes in its composition that compensate for the insufficiency of the secretory function of the pancreas, the biliary function of the liver.
The composition of the drug includes digestive enzymes that help break down protein substances, fats and carbohydrates to the state of amino acids, lipid molecules, dextrins and saccharides, respectively.
Thanks to the use of the drug, an improvement in the absorption of nutrients in the human intestine is observed, digestion processes are normalized, and dyspeptic manifestations disappear.
Consider when you can take Pancreatin Forte, what are its contraindications, and side effects. And also find out whether you can take medicine nursing mom?
General Description of Pancreatin Forte
Dosage form - tablets having a soluble shell (dissolves in the intestine), the color is brown, the shape is round. There is a specific smell. The composition of pancreatic enzymes like amylase, lipase and protease. Auxiliary substances - magnesium stearate, povidone, microcrystalline cellulose and other components that do not possess biological activity.
The drug is aimed at compensating the insufficiency of the secretory functionality of the pancreas, biliary function of the liver. It helps to normalize the process of digestion. At the same time it has a proteolytic, amylolytic and lipolytic action.
The enzymes contained in the tablets help break down proteins to the state of amino acids, lipids to the state of lipid acids and glycerin, and starch is broken down to monosaccharides and dextrins. Trypsin contributes to the suppression of active secretion of the gland, while it has analgesic properties.
Hemicellulose breaks down the fiber of vegetable origin, which also improves the process of digesting food, reduces gas formation in the intestine. The extract from bile has a choleretic effect, is aimed at emulsifying lipids, improves the absorption of these in the gastrointestinal tract. Bile extract in combination with lipase increases the activity of the last component.
Indications for admission:
- Replacement treatment, if a history of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency is diagnosed in the history of chronic pancreatitis, pancreathectomy, after irradiation, dyspeptic manifestations, cystic fibrosis;
- Digestibility of food is impaired, for example, after surgery in the area of the stomach or intestines;
- To improve the digestive process in patients with normal functionality of the gastrointestinal tract, but against the background of improper and unbalanced nutrition. For example, bad eating habits, strict diet, irregular meals, etc .;
- Gastrocardiac syndrome;
- In preparation for an x-ray examination or ultrasound examination of the pancreas, to examine the organs of the abdominal cavity.
Contraindications include acute pancreatic inflammation, a period of exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis, impaired liver function, hepatitis, the development of obstructive jaundice, gallstone disease, and intestinal obstruction. It is impossible at children's age up to three years, at hypersensitivity to a medicine.
Can Pancreatin Nursing Mom? The instruction does not indicate lactation as a contraindication, there is no harm to the infant during lactation.
However, during pregnancy it is recommended with extreme caution, since the effect on fetal development has not been studied.
Instructions for use Pancreatin Forte
The drug Pancreatin Forte must be taken by women and men during meals. Tablets do not chew, swallow whole. Be sure to wash down with plenty of liquid - tea, fruit juice, plain water. The dosage is due to the age group of the patient, the degree of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.
On average, the dosage varies from 14,000 to 28,000 IU lipase at a time (this is one or two tablets). If there is no therapeutic result, a twofold increase is allowed. When it is necessary to take a lower dose, for example, 7000 IU of lipase, they recommend the analogue “Pancreatine Health” - it has a lower dosage of digestive enzymes.
Adults are prescribed from 42,000 to 147,000 IU (3-10 tablets). Against the background of absolute insufficiency of the organ, the dose is increased to 400,000, which corresponds to the 24-hour human need for lipase.
The limiting dose for any adult is 20,000 per kilogram of body weight. Reception for children:
- At the beginning of therapy, children older than 4 years of age are recommended 500 IU per kilogram of weight. This is approximately one tablet per 28 kg. Accepted during the meal.
- If the child weighs less than 28 kg, then an analogue with a lower dosage of digestive enzymes is assigned.
- For a child, the maximum dose per day is 10,000 per kilogram of weight, with a total of not more than 100,000 IU.
The duration of therapy varies from several days (if malnutrition due to errors in it is diagnosed) to a couple of months or years (when constant replacement treatment is needed).
Admission can cause side effects:
- Loose stools;
- Allergic reactions;
- Pain in the abdomen;
- Nausea, vomiting;
- Reduced bile acid production.
In case of overdose, side effects increase. If the described symptoms are detected, it is necessary to cancel the medication, to carry out symptomatic treatment. You can purchase the product at the pharmacy, the price is about 150 rubles.
Analogs and reviews
Reviews of the drug are numerous. However, many have a favorable color. If you take a score on a 10-point scale, then in most patients note the effectiveness of the product by 8-9 points. The main advantage is the performance, relatively low cost.
When the drug is not suitable, the patient develop side effects, he is recommended analogs of Pancreatin Forte. They have certain differences in composition, indications, contraindications and other nuances.
Only the doctor is involved in the replacement, since all the preparations contain different concentrations of digestive enzymes. Consider several analogues:
- Mezim Forte is a digestive remedy that must be consumed during meals. The difference with Pancreatin is that Mezim has a weaker shell of tablets, which can dissolve under the influence of gastric juice.
- Creon - a modern drug, its unique form provides a high therapeutic effect. It helps in the short term to normalize digestion, relieves dyspeptic manifestations.
The list of analogues can be supplemented with drugs - Pancreasim, Lycreatic, Zimet, Pancreatin 8000, Prolipaza, Pancreon, Festal, Hermital and other drugs.
Pancreatin Forte with parallel use with iron preparations affects the absorption of mineral matter. In combination with alcohol, the effectiveness of a digestive remedy is reduced. Does not affect the concentration and ability to drive a vehicle.
The issue of drug treatment of pancreatitis is discussed in the video in this article.